The O.C. sweetheart Rachel Bilson is another great example of how to pull off boho chic style to look both casual and sophisticated. Leather jackets, scarves, t-shirts, cute mini dresses, short and maxi length skirts, and peasant blouses are just a few of the items she’s been known to sport. She’s a master at accessorizing and she’s not afraid to play with patterns in bold colours such as animal and graphic prints. Her sweet and sexy style is laid back while also looking polished and put together at any event- even when she’s caught on her days off by the paparazzi.
We also love her cute braided hairstyles and the way the girl rocks a headband so effortlessly! Rachel’s style has been described as eclectic, bohemian and sophisticated all at once. We consider her to be a fantastic fashion icon for the vintage inspired and boho chic look that we adore. She’s definitely as influential as Nicole Richie and Sienna Miller in the bohemian fashionista celeb style department. Below are a few of our favourite looks from Miss Rachel Bilson.
Loose up ‘do with a cute braided headband and funky print scarf.
A lacy little black dress with ruffle hem paired with a chic leather jacket and elegant up ‘do.
A casual look in a plain tank top and maxi skirt in a colourful ethnic inspired print topped off with a black fringy satchel.
Yet another effortless looking hair style with a golden patterned headband for a touch of glam.
Which celebrity boho fashionista do you admire?
Messy and loose boho style waves can look really chic for an every day look at the office or for a big event. Casual and effortless looking, this hairstyle works best on naturally wavy hair. Straight haired girls can achieve a similar look by using a small barrel curling iron and curling small sections of hair. Here, we focus on skipping the curling iron altogether and instead using bobby pins, patience and some good hair twisting skills. Mila Kunis, Cameron Diaz, Alexa Chung and Kate Hudson all provide inspiration of how to do pull off this enviable hairstyle.
Follow the steps to get the look:
1. Apply some type of styling product to damp hair. Texturizing cream or mousse works best for this particular style.
2. Separate hair into 1 inch sections and twist them from roots to ends. Secure pieces with bobby pins.
3. Dry your hair thoroughly by letting it naturally air dry or if you ‘re in a hurry, with the blast of a blow dryer.
4. Remove each bobby pin and let the twists of hair loose. Do not brush them out.
5. Gently shake your hair out and spray your head with light to medium hold hairspray.
Voila! You’re done. Now go get ‘em!
For tips on how to get long, shiny and healthy looking hair, try the popular Indian beauty tip of using hair oil regularly. It really makes a huge difference!
These lovely ladies all do the boho waves look very well! Tres chic.
We love all the different kinds of boho inspired braided hairstyles that have been heating up the spring and summer. Effortless and chic, braids are such a fun way to add some interest to an every day wash and wear hairstyle. Here’s just a few ideas on some of the different ways braids can be incorporated into your ‘do as seen on some top celebrities and models:
1) Wrap a braid all the way around your head and fasten with bobby pins on one side.
2) Weave a small braid along the side part in long bangs, letting the rest of your hair down.
3) Braid your hair to one side letting loose pieces fall on both sides.
4) Add small, loose plaits in random sections of hair, wearing the rest down and loose.
5) Braid a piece of bright fabric throughout an up -do for an instant funky, tribal look.
Do you have anymore fun braided hair do ideas?