What are your resolutions for 2012? Besides the usual exercise more often, quit a bad habit for good, spend more time with family and friends and the list goes on. At Indiverve, we’ve come up with a few ideas on how to incorporate some new and exciting looks to your style.
1. Go for a bold print- Whether its tribal prints, black and white checks, flower, animal or paisley prints anything other than solid and muted is right in style for the upcoming year. Branch out a bit and go a little wild for a change! If you prefer something a little less attention grabbing, try a bold bracelet or some funky earrings such as:
2. Try a bright lip colour– Toss out your old neutral coloured lip glosses and try a pop of bright lip colour like electric pink, orange or cherry red. Its a statement look for your lips so be sure to keep the rest of your make- up neutral.
3. Clean out your closet– A New Year means a New You so set some time aside and go through your wardrobe. Are there any pieces that you haven’t worn in the past year? Donate them. There are hundreds of charities who will give your clothes to the less fortunate plus you’ll feel good about it too 🙂 Same goes for anything that is too big or too small. You likely won’t wear it so give it away! You’ll end up having less clutter and a nicely organized closet.
4. Rock a neon- coloured item– This is a trend for 2012 so why not try it out? It’ll brighten up your look in seconds. Try a pair of neon shoes, a bold bag or statement jewelry. Here’s one funky tribal necklace we love in a bright turquoise shade:
5. Change your hairstyle– If you’ve always wanted a short hair style, now’s the time to try it out! If your hair is already short, consider growing it long for a new look. Too big of a change? Try something less risky like getting bangs. If you don’t like them you can always grow them back out. Or try a new haircolour or add highlights/ lowlights. How about trying the two tone colour to the tips of your hair? Either way, it’ll be fun and refreshing to enhance your look.
6. Switch it up– Do you almost always wear pants? Why not try a cute and comfy dress or leggings with a skirt or long tunic? Step out of your comfort zone and try something you don’t normally wear. Maybe you’ll really like it and it will become your go-to look! Always wearing dark denim pants? Try a trendy bold colour like red, emerald green or cobalt blue or even better- printed pants or leggings! Never really worn much jewelry? This is the year to bring it into your wardrobe. And the bolder and brighter, the better! Accessories are the easiest way to jazz up a plain outfit. Try these looks:
7. Don’t follow the fashion rules- Finally, all these tips are only suggestions and you know what works best for you better than anyone. Just try to branch out a bit and have fun with fashion. That’s what its all about! The best look of all is a happy look so remember to smile, stop and smell the roses and just like fashion, don’t take life too seriously!
Cheers to 2012!