Although us regular people will not likely be wearing the exact looks of the season, as pictured straight off the runways below, we can get inspired and incorporate these trends into our every day outfits. As seen on the runways by some of the most famous fashion designers, here’s the lowdown on the top 5 trends this spring…..
1. Prints– Stripes, geometric prints, polka dots, graphic florals, animal prints and tribal, bold prints will be big now and into the spring season. The key to wearing them is to mix and match different ones and choose accessories in the same colour as the print.
2. White– A 60’s influence, all over white is a very fresh spring time look. Mix textures and be sure the items you’ve chosen are both fitted and streamlined- an important rule when wearing all over white. Or keep it simple and don an all- white dress.
3. Pastels– These ultra feminine shades range from mint green and pistachio to lemon and lavender hues. Watch for flirty dresses in all sorts of pastel shades for spring and summer. Another popular colour is blush pink, as seen below:
4. Shine– Sparkly embellishments will be seen all over tops and dresses in the form of sequins and beads. Material with a metallic glow is also part of the shiny look, giving certain items a futuristic feel. Try pairing a chunky scarf and a plain blazer with a shiny dress. Be sure to incorporate only one shiny or metallic piece to your outfit and pair it with neutrals. If shine isn’t your thing, try gold and silver accessories to get a similar look.
5. Neon– Pops of turquoise, orange, lime green, and bright yellow were seen all over the runway for spring season picks. Plus, 2012’s colour of the year, tangerine tango, is quite a bright pop of colour itself!
Which look is your favourite for spring?