What Is It?
The cocktail ring is an over sized and ultra dramatic piece of jewelry usually worn on the right ring finger or index finger. Some can be worn on the thumb as well. There’s no one set style for a cocktail ring and the possibilities in design and shape are endless. Cocktail rings can be worn at special occasions or as part of a casual jeans and tee outfit- there really are no rules because its meant to be a fun look. Best of all is cocktail rings come in so many different varieties and price ranges so you don’t have to spend a fortune on one if you don’t choose to.
A Brief History
Cocktail rings first came into fashion in the 1930s during prohibition in the U.S. where women liked to flaunt them at illegal cocktail parties. The rings grew in popularity during the 1940s and 1950s, as cocktail parties continued to be popular events. Many people still wear cocktail rings with huge diamonds or other large gems for dressy events and occasions. You’ll often see celebrities wearing them at high profile award shows, like the Oscars, as part of their ensemble. The cocktail ring continues to be a fun accessory to help add some glamour to any outfit.
Tips and Tricks:
- The bigger the better, and the more dramatic and unique, the better. Cocktail rings are an amazing conversation starter.
- Less is more when donning the cocktail ring so be sure to keep the rest of your jewelry to a minimum if wearing any in addition to your ring.
- You’re drawing attention to your fingers and hands when you wear a cocktail ring so jazz it up even more by polishing your nails in a complementary shade.
- Remember to keep it elegant and only wear one cocktail ring at a time.
- Cocktail rings are not restricted to evening events so switch it up a bit and try wearing a cocktail ring during the day to glam up a casual outfit.
- Try sporting a cocktail ring with a little black dress or match it with one of spring’s brightly coloured dresses for an extra chic look.
- Most of all, have fun wearing it and letting your quirky fashion side show 🙂
Which ring is your favourite?
Most of these rings are available at our online shop! Visit: http://store.indiverve.com/collections/jewelry_cocktail-rings