Well Halloween is officially over so that means its time to start thinking about the Christmas holiday season! We know, we know, perhaps its a little early to be mentioning the word “Christmas” and “holiday season” but lets face it people, time flies and before you know it the festivities and all the fun, stress, and everything in between will creep up quickly!
On the bright side, there’s usually a lot of fun get togethers that will take place among family, friends and work colleagues. One can never be too prepared so for all the cocktail drinkers out there, we present an Indian inspired and ultra delicious Mango Champagne recipe we came across recently. Another idea is to use this mango lassi recipe and spike it with your favourite alcohol. We recommend a spicy rum. We hope to blog about many more drinks in the next couple of months leading up to Christmas and the New Year.
Enjoy in moderation!
- 1 can mango nectar (12 oz.)
- 2 star anise (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- 10- 12 black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 bottle Champagne
- Bring the nectar to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add all of the spices. Let the mixture cool, then strain and refrigerate.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the spicy mango mixture into a Champagne flute and top with chilled Champagne.
*Champagne can be replaced with sparkling wine