Its Black Friday! Even though we’re a Canadian online store, we still want to be part of the Black Friday excitement. We’re offering a 30% discount on every single item in our store, this includes Sale items! Don’t forget that we also offer FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50 for both our Canadian and American customers! Stop by and check out our collection of stunning handcrafted scarves, bohemian style tops and dresses, funky leather belts, and one of a kind jewelry collection- all on SALE. The best part is our Black Friday Sale will be going on until Sunday night, so customers have all weekend to ponder what they want.
Happy Black Friday Everyone! Shop Wisely 🙂
A little black dress is pretty much always a hit no matter the occasion. What really makes it special is how the dress is accessorized. Take your LBD look to a whole new level by adding the perfect necklace as the finishing touch. Want to go all out? Add a metallic statement necklace. Want to keep it casual? Have fun with beads. Need a look for a semi formal event or Christmas party? Try a cool tribal necklace. We’ll be showcasing different looks to give you plenty of inspiration on what to wear with your LBD. We’re going to focus on necklaces for this post.
For an ultra glamourous touch to your ensemble, try a beaded statement necklace in rich shades of copper, gold and silver like our Copper Beaded Necklace.
For a trendy tribal look, try a statement tribal necklace with long spikes in a patterned bronze design like our Tribal Spike Necklace in Bronze.
For a pop of colour and pattern, add a pendant style necklace in a turquoise and red pattern with hints of gold like our Tribal Pendant Necklace.
Black and white is always a chic colour combination. Try it in a threaded style with your lbd like our Black and White Beaded Necklace.
Which is your favourite necklace? Which one do you think would go best with a little black dress?
Shop the necklaces below:
Copper Beaded Necklace
Tribal Statement Necklace in Bronze
Tribal Pendant Necklace
Black and White Beaded Necklace
Belts are a great way to flatter your figure as they help provide a lovely hourglass shape to your waist. Just as sporting statement jewelry or shiny shoes, a stunning embellished belt provides an eye catching focal point to any outfit. We’re obsessed with embellishments on our clothing and accessories so we chose to showcase these Embellished Leather Belts, as chosen by our wonderful customers, and the different ways they can be styled.
- Hide lumps and bumps caused by your tucked in t shirt by wearing a wide belt over top to smooth it out.
- Wear a belt around a cardigan or over top a bulky sweater to add some shape to your silhouette.
- Add a belt to your little black dress or body con dress when going out for the night. The belt breaks up your outfit nicely. Try a belt with shiny studs or in a pop of colour.
- Wear a belt to dazzle up a blah blouse and trouser ensemble. This is great for the office on those days your wardrobe needs a little pep.
The bronze studs add a trendy embellished touch to these leather belts. Check out the unique asymmetrical design!
Find more embellished belts from our collection here: http://store.indiverve.com/collections/embellished-belts
What colour of belt do you prefer- cream or green?
Black and white go together gloriously and this is especially true when it comes to fashion. Classic and sophisticated, no matter the season, black and white are the perfect pair. Never boring and always elegant for day or for night, black and white colour combinations are always a hit. Below are 5 reasons we adore it together.
5 Reasons to Wear Black & White
- Black and white looks good on absolutely everyone. Any skin tone, hair and eye colour can rock black and white, no problem!
- Its fail proof. If you can’t think of anything else to wear, black and white is always a reliable go- to look. For instance, a little black dress or little white dress is always a winner when you’re going out.
- Its always in style. Whether its 1952, 1982 or 2012, black and white will never get weird “aren’t you trying to be a little TOO trendy” looks your way.
- Black and white go with any other colour you can possibly imagine! Add accessories in any shade- pink, cobalt blue, bright yellow, neon orange, mint green- anything works. You’ll never get a mismatch.
- Similar to number 3, black and white is known to be timeless and classic, no matter the occasion. Remember Julia Roberts’ black and white Valentino gown that she wore when she accepted her Academy Award in 2001? Looking back today, she still looks absolutely stunning in her ensemble. Reese Witherspoon also wore an opulent black and white Armani gown at last year’s Oscars. She looked beautiful.
Julia Roberts in 2001
Neon colours and colour blocking may not be trendy 2, 3, or 5 years from now, but you can bet black and white will be! For us, that’s reason enough to love and make the most of this anything but boring combination. In fact, we like it so much that we’ve added our very own Black and White Collection to our website. Won’t you please check it out? http://store.indiverve.com/collections/collections_black-white
Timeless and elegant, the little black dress is a staple item that every woman should have in her closet. As made famous by Coco Chanel, the lbd can easily be dressed up or down in a jiffy. Its amazing how one simple dress can be transformed into different chic and stylish looks for, multiple occasions. We love the small details found on this dress in the dainty lace embellishment around the entire bottom hem. This flirty little feature completes the dress giving it a lady like touch.
We took this boat neck short sleeved little black dress and paired it with a funky tribal inspired statement necklace, a brightly hued belt in mint green for a pop of colour, and a wrist full of chunky khaki coloured bangles. The gold and bronze tones found in the jewelry looks great with solid black, highlighting one of our favourite colour combinations for fall and winter! We’ll be showcasing many more black and gold looks as well as little black dresses from our unique collection.
For a more casual look, wear the dress with leggings in any colour or try trendy patterned ones. Add an over sized sweater that ties at the waist, toss on a lace scarf, and add knee high boots. Jewelry could be kept at a minimum. For a dressier look, add statement jewelry, sheer tights, high heels, and wear your hair in a chic up-do for a party or event. Experiment by adding accessories to your little black dress. Style it based on whether you want to dress it up or down.
Shop the dress here: http://store.indiverve.com/collections/clothing_dresses/products/lace-hem-boatneck-tunic-dress-black
How would you style this little black dress?